Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More NBA Draft stuff

-So maybe I was a little hard on Jim Souhan in my earlier post, as I just found another piece that he wrote about the NBA Draft lottery. This column is pretty good and tries to give hope to all of the perpetually gloomy and whiny Timberwolves fans.

- Chad Ford has updated his mock draft and has the Wolves taking OJ Mayo. He also mentions Brook Lopez and Danilo Gallinari as other potential candidates.

I'm not a big fan of the Lopez pick, simply because players like him come along almost every year. If there's still the need, we can pick a big center with limited athletic ability next year.

The Gallinari pick intrigue's me though, mostly because I don't know anything about international players. I'll eat up any evaluation from these scouts because I've never seen him play.

- The Fanhouse mentions that Kevin McHale may be high on UCLA center Kevin Love. I'm not sure how I feel about this pick because as the article mentions, his game duplicates Al Jefferson's. This would require some creative coaching to get the most out of these two players when they are on the floor together.

No comments: